-   -   DDE and MS Office Language Settings (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328878-dde-ms-office-language-settings.html)

DDE_User

DDE and MS Office Language Settings

I have an application that outputs SAS datasets to Excel using DDE. I have a
problem when user changes their language setting in the Microsoft Office XP
Language Settings (in the Microsoft Office Tools folder) to French. If I set
the user interface language to English, the application functions fine but if
it's changed to French, it no longer works. The original Excel templates were
developed in an English environment and even if they are resaved in a French
environment, it does not help. Any ideas?