-   -   Distribute Excel Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328870-distribute-excel-macro.html)

JP SIngh

Distribute Excel Macro

Hi All

We regularly write Excel VBA macros for our internal users.

The problem is by default on all user machines the macro security is set to
high and in most cases users are not able to run the macros we send them.

Can someone give us an idea how to implement the macros we create without
having to change the security on every single machine?

Many thanks

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Distribute Excel Macro

Create an add-in and distribute that.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JP SIngh" wrote in message
Hi All

We regularly write Excel VBA macros for our internal users.

The problem is by default on all user machines the macro security is set

high and in most cases users are not able to run the macros we send them.

Can someone give us an idea how to implement the macros we create without
having to change the security on every single machine?

Many thanks

Tom Ogilvy

Distribute Excel Macro

Anything in these to help?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../odc_dsvba.asp
Code Signing Office XP Visual Basic for Applications Macro Projects

XL2002: About Digital Signatures in Excel Workbooks

http://support.microsoft.com/default...38&Product=ofw
About Digital Signatures and Code Signing in Workbooks in Excel 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=206637
OFF2000: Overview of Digital Certificates (Q206637)

http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=217221
OFF2000: Using SelfCert to Create a Digital Certificate for VBA Projects
(Q217221)

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy