-   -   Random Generation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328817-random-generation.html)

lordofthe9

Random Generation

Hi.

I am using VBA within Excel and have to generate the following:

4 Integers between 1 and 6 inclusive, none of which are the same.

I can only use VBA to do this.

Thanks,

lot9

JE McGimpsey

Random Generation

Take a look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.html

In article .com,
"lordofthe9" wrote:

I am using VBA within Excel and have to generate the following:

4 Integers between 1 and 6 inclusive, none of which are the same.

I can only use VBA to do this.

Tom Ogilvy

Random Generation

Sub AA()
Dim v(1 To 6) As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Long

i = 0
Do
j = Int(Rnd() * 6 + 1)
If v(j) = 0 Then
i = i + 1
v(j) = i
End If
Loop While i < 4
j = 0
For i = 1 To 6
If v(i) < 0 Then
j = j + 1
Cells(j, 1).Value = i
End If
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"lordofthe9" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi.

I am using VBA within Excel and have to generate the following:

4 Integers between 1 and 6 inclusive, none of which are the same.

I can only use VBA to do this.

Thanks,

lot9

Tom Ogilvy

Random Generation

dim v(1 to 6) as Long
i = 0
do while i < 6
j = int(rnd()*6+1)
if v(j) = 0 then
i = i + 1
v(j) = i
end if
Next
j = 0
for i = 1 to 6
if v(i) < 0 then
j = j + 1
cells(j,1).Value = i
end if
Next

"lordofthe9" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi.

I am using VBA within Excel and have to generate the following:

4 Integers between 1 and 6 inclusive, none of which are the same.

I can only use VBA to do this.

Thanks,

lot9

lordofthe9

Random Generation

Thanks

mexage

Random Generation

you could type the numbers 1 to 6 in one column and then =rand() on the next
column; to randomize, sort by the rand() column.
A B
1| 1 =RAND()
2| 2 =RAND()
3| 3 =RAND()
4| 4 =RAND()
5| 5 =RAND()
6| 6 =RAND()

then click on B1 and click on the sort ascending button.