Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Rich Textbox

I'm wanting to add a Rich Textbox to my Excel sheet. I found this, but
don't know what to do from here.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/7...us,vs.80).aspx

I have a simple textbox control on my sheet but I'd like to add some
formatting so my thought was a Rich Textbox. If there is a different
solution I'm open to that as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi M-

What you have 'found' is something called in VBA procedures, not something
you simply draw on a spreadsheet.

Text boxes created using the Text Box tool can be formatted just about any
way you wish... Font, Font Size, Font Color, Text Alignment (Horizontal &
Vertical) Fill Color, Line Color, Line Style, 3D Effects, etc. etc. etc. Just
select the Text Box and change the settings using the Formatting & Drawing
toolbars or right-click the text box and choose Format Text Box. You can even
select portions of the text in the box and format it differently that the
rest.

If these capabilities aren't sufficient, please state what type of
'formatting' you need to do.

HTH |:)

"M.Siler" wrote:

I'm wanting to add a Rich Textbox to my Excel sheet. I found this, but
don't know what to do from here.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/7...us,vs.80).aspx

I have a simple textbox control on my sheet but I'd like to add some
formatting so my thought was a Rich Textbox. If there is a different
solution I'm open to that as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps I'm not using the correct Text Box control. When I select the
control the forumal line looks like =EMBED("Forms.TextBox.1","") Then with
the control selected I right click and only see "Format Control..." and not
the "Format Text Box" you referenced. I'm using Excel 2003.

"M.Siler" wrote:

I'm wanting to add a Rich Textbox to my Excel sheet. I found this, but
don't know what to do from here.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/7...us,vs.80).aspx

I have a simple textbox control on my sheet but I'd like to add some
formatting so my thought was a Rich Textbox. If there is a different
solution I'm open to that as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oh, I see what you were talking about. That text box doesn't seem to have
scroll bars.

What I'm wanting to do is add some text (Cut-n-Paste from a web page),
formatted nicely color, font, bold, that permits someone to scroll through
it.

"CyberTaz" wrote in message ...
Hello again-

That makes a difference - You are talking about the Text Box tool on the
Control Toolbox toolbar, which is a completely different matter. I had the
impression you were referring to the Text Box tool on the Drawing Toolbar.

Let's start over... Exactly what is it that you are using it for and what
type of formatting are you looking to 'add'?

Regards |:)

&

"M.Siler" wrote:

I'm wanting to add a Rich Textbox to my Excel sheet. I found this, but
don't know what to do from here.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/7...us,vs.80).aspx

I have a simple textbox control on my sheet but I'd like to add some
formatting so my thought was a Rich Textbox. If there is a different
solution I'm open to that as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the textbox from the drawing toolbar, you click in the text and use the
arrow keys to nagivate. You don't get scroll bars although you could put
scrollbars next to the textbox and perhaps write code to manage the
scrolling.

Tom Ogilvy

"M.Siler" wrote:

I'm wanting to add a Rich Textbox to my Excel sheet. I found this,

but
don't know what to do from here.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/7...us,vs.80).aspx

I have a simple textbox control on my sheet but I'd like to add some
formatting so my thought was a Rich Textbox. If there is a different
solution I'm open to that as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

In that case, you might want to do a bit of research into Active-X Controls.
There are literally hundreds of them and they all have their own special
capabilities... you can even have the website actually display as a navigable
object in your workbook. Just search the MS site or Google for Active-X.

On the simpler side, have you considered just creating hyperlinks to the
sites?

Regards |:)

"M.Siler" wrote:

I'm wanting to add a Rich Textbox to my Excel sheet. I found this, but
don't know what to do from here.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/7...us,vs.80).aspx

I have a simple textbox control on my sheet but I'd like to add some
formatting so my thought was a Rich Textbox. If there is a different
solution I'm open to that as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, but sometime it might be viewed when there is no Internet connection.

Sure would be nice if MS would make the TextBox I'm using have the
formatting features of the Graphic TextBox.

The one I initially asked about
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/7...us,vs.80).aspx is that
something that would work and eveyone would have or would there have to be
something special installed on any PC that wanted to view the workbook?