-   -   merge cell and padding (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328663-merge-cell-padding.html)

Dwight

merge cell and padding

I'm copying a spreadsheet and in the process I need to merge 3 columns into
1. The first two need to be padded with 40 characters. Is there a way that
this could be done at a sheet level instead of interatiing through every row?

Thanks.
Dwight

Tom Ogilvy

merge cell and padding

If you mean concatenate, then yes. You can select the range of cells to
contain the formula. Enter it in the formula bar so it is correct for the
activecell (using relative addressing), then hit Ctrl+Enter rather than
enter.

Tom Ogilvy