-   -   Problme with Macro in one ?Unique? system (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328653-problme-macro-one-unique-system.html)

John Baker

Problme with Macro in one ?Unique? system

Hi:

I have a spreadshjeet that is being used by 16 people in their individual systems, with
various versions of Excel and Windoes. All work fine except one, and I have no idea what
is happening, since at least two other people have the same OS and version of Excel and it
works fine.

OS:

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 1 Build 2600

Excel:

Microsoft Office Excel (11.6355.6360) 2003 SP1

Professional edition 2003

The proboem is that when this indvidual activates a macro to send a file to a specific
e.mail address, he gets the follo0winmg, and I have no idea whats going on!

Advice would be appreciated.

His message is:

When I try to e-mail report I still get a run time error:

“1004” and a statement “method ‘SaveAs’ of object ‘-workbook’ failed.”

Under debug I get this: (Note the red highlighted stuff)

Sheets("TimeData").Select

'set up spreadsheet with data

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'copy the sheet

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:= _

wbpath & etitle, FileFormat:= _

xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _

, CreateBackup:=False

On Error GoTo STOPIT

'make it the active NOte change the designation

' ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", "),
_

etitle

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", "), _

etitle

'ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "), _

etitle

'send the sender file

ActiveWorkbook.Save

ActiveWorkbook.Close

Kill wbpath & etitle

'remove the one sheet that was sent from the computer

Workbooks.Open FileName:=senderfile

'clear current detail in timedata

Sheets("timedata").Select

Range("a3:aa2000").Select