-   -   Macro, or excel program to "Close All' while in a workspace (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328528-macro-excel-program-close-all-while-workspace.html)

Carlton Patterson

Macro, or excel program to "Close All' while in a workspace

Hello all,

I usually run a couple of workbooks in one workspace and the only way to
close the workbooks within a workspace is to either:

1) Close each workbook individually

2) Holding the 'shift' key and clicking on 'file' and then clicking on
'close all'.

I have been trying to record a macro to make this easier, but without
any success.

Can someone either let me know if there is another way to close a number
of workbooks within a workspace or help me put together a macro or an
excel program that will alleviate this laborious action?

Cheers

Carlton

Gary Brown[_5_]

Macro, or excel program to "Close All' while in a workspace

Put this macro in your Personal.xls workbook as a module...
'/=====================================/
Sub CloseEmAll()
Dim wb As Workbook

For Each wb In Workbooks
If UCase(wb.Name) < "PERSONAL.XLS" Then
' Application.DisplayAlerts = False
wb.Close
' Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End If
Next wb

End Sub
'/=====================================/
This will close all open workbooks, hidden or visible with the exception of
the Personal.xls. It will not save the opened workbooks.
To have Excel ask you if you want to save any changed workbooks, uncomment
the 'DisplayAlerts' lines.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

"Carlton Patterson" wrote:

Hello all,

I usually run a couple of workbooks in one workspace and the only way to
close the workbooks within a workspace is to either:

1) Close each workbook individually

2) Holding the 'shift' key and clicking on 'file' and then clicking on
'close all'.

I have been trying to record a macro to make this easier, but without
any success.

Can someone either let me know if there is another way to close a number
of workbooks within a workspace or help me put together a macro or an
excel program that will alleviate this laborious action?

Cheers

Carlton

*** Sent via Developersdex
http://www.developersdex.com ***

Carlton Patterson

Macro, or excel program to "Close All' while in a workspace

Hi Gary,

Thanks for responding to my request. That is exactly what I needed.

Cheers mate.

Carlton