-   -   Help! Query table refresh hangs excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328469-help-query-table-refresh-hangs-excel.html)

jbhan

Help! Query table refresh hangs excel

Hi,

I am writing a component which uses the QueryTable to get data from a url
(an asp page) and put it into a worksheet in a work book. This it does in a
loop to fill 17 worksheets based on some criteria.

This works fine on my local but very erratically on the live server which is
a windows 2003 machine.
On the server it just hangs for some of the reports I am trying to create.
I used a log file to debug and realised it hangs at this line of code

oQueryTable.Refresh(false);

Its like the control never comes back to the component.

I just don't under stand whats going on here. Why does the web query hang
sporadically when it works just fine on my machine?

Any help would be really appreciated. I am at my wits end!

Thanks,
Juhi.