-   -   user defined type not defined ?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328439-user-defined-type-not-defined.html)

Mark Kubicki

user defined type not defined ??

with downloaded code (from chip pearson's site) to remove all of the code
behind a worksheet, I've added this code which on the first line, returns
this error "user defined type not defined"

(the code is located in an command button click event, and behind a
(different) sheet which is where the command button exists.)

error is on this line -- Dim VBCodeMod As CodeModule
Dim StartLine As Long
Dim HowManyLines As Long

Set VBCodeMod = ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("NewModule").C odeModule
With VBCodeMod
StartLine = 1
HowManyLines = .CountOfLines
.DeleteLines StartLine, HowManyLines
End With

Tom Ogilvy

user defined type not defined ??

As it says at the top of the page, you need to create a reference to the
Extensibility Library.

Tom Ogilvy

"mark kubicki" wrote in message
with downloaded code (from chip pearson's site) to remove all of the code
behind a worksheet, I've added this code which on the first line, returns
this error "user defined type not defined"

(the code is located in an command button click event, and behind a
(different) sheet which is where the command button exists.)

error is on this line -- Dim VBCodeMod As CodeModule
Dim StartLine As Long
Dim HowManyLines As Long

Set VBCodeMod =

ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("NewModule").C odeModule
With VBCodeMod
StartLine = 1
HowManyLines = .CountOfLines
.DeleteLines StartLine, HowManyLines
End With

Bob Phillips[_6_]

user defined type not defined ??

or just declare it as Object not CodeModule.

--

HTH

RP