-   -   VLOOKUP Is NOT CORRECT (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328081-vlookup-not-correct.html)

Ronald Cayne

VLOOKUP Is NOT CORRECT

Please help me fill in the ???? Offset Command ??

LIST= Sheet 2 Column 1
BLOCK=Sheet 2 A1:G1000
A1 is on Sheet 1
Formula is placed on Sheet 1 B1

Vlookup can't be used as duplicate entries may exist in BLOCK column 1

=IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(A1,list)),"new",???)

Harald Staff

VLOOKUP Is NOT CORRECT

What do you think a single Vlookup formua should return into the cell when
there are duplicates ?

Best wishes Harald

"Ronald Cayne" skrev i melding
Please help me fill in the ???? Offset Command ??

LIST= Sheet 2 Column 1
BLOCK=Sheet 2 A1:G1000
A1 is on Sheet 1
Formula is placed on Sheet 1 B1

Vlookup can't be used as duplicate entries may exist in BLOCK column 1

=IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(A1,list)),"new",???)

Ronald Cayne

VLOOKUP Is NOT CORRECT

Sorry I was not very clear in presentingf the problem below. I solved my
problem as follows when I formulated the problem more carefully using the
INDEX/MATCH combination

PRODUCT=RANGE COLUMN 2 SHEET 2
JOB_ID=RANGE COLUMN 1 SHEET 2

FORMULA

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(PRODUCT,MATCH(K12,JOBID,0))),"NE W",INDEX(PRODUCT,MATCH(K12,JOBID,0)))