-   -   Creation date is not right (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328080-creation-date-not-right.html)

Paul B

Creation date is not right

Why when I use ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(11) would I get
a date like 3-27-2005 on all workbooks that I start? If I try it on an old
workbook the date is right, yes the date on my computer is set right.
Thanks

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Creation date is not right

Because that is probably the date that the template that the workbook is
based upon was created.

--

HTH

RP

"Paul B" wrote in message

Why when I use ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(11) would I

get
a date like 3-27-2005 on all workbooks that I start? If I try it on an old
workbook the date is right, yes the date on my computer is set right.
Thanks

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

Paul B

Creation date is not right

Bob, so the created date will always be wrong? It will be based on when you
installed excel and Book1 was created, is that right?
Thanks
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Paul B" wrote in message

Why when I use ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(11) would I

get
a date like 3-27-2005 on all workbooks that I start? If I try it on an

old
workbook the date is right, yes the date on my computer is set right.
Thanks

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

Amedee Van Gasse[_3_]

Creation date is not right

Paul B shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Bob, so the created date will always be wrong? It will be based on
when you installed excel and Book1 was created, is that right?
Thanks

Yes, that could be correct.
Or if you make a new template and make workbooks based on the new
template, it would be the creation date of the template.

Anyway, the builtin properties for Excel ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! Excel
does NOT update them the same way Word does. The only thing you could
do that reliably works, is manipulate them using VBA.
Just my humble experience with XL2000 and XL2003, but I could be wrong.
;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html