-   -   Auto Search Archive files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/328034-auto-search-archive-files.html)

Stuart[_21_]

Auto Search Archive files

Is this possible, please:

Use VBA to automate the search for a specific file within an archive file
(eg cab, zip etc), and then list the full path of that archive?

I have a registered copy of Winzip 9.0 SR-1 and also the
Command Line Support Add-On.

I can see a manual way, but I really need to automate this to check all
archive files on a drive (inc subfolders) if at all possible.

Regards.

Don Guillett[_4_]

Auto Search Archive files

Suggest using Ron's google addin instead

http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Stuart" wrote in message
Is this possible, please:

Use VBA to automate the search for a specific file within an archive file
(eg cab, zip etc), and then list the full path of that archive?

I have a registered copy of Winzip 9.0 SR-1 and also the
Command Line Support Add-On.

I can see a manual way, but I really need to automate this to check all
archive files on a drive (inc subfolders) if at all possible.

Regards.

Stuart[_21_]

Auto Search Archive files

Many thanks ....it's already installed and oft used.

Are you saying that I can point it to my drive "F:" and
set it to search the drive for every '.cab' file (or any other "archive"
file), and that I can also set it to look for a file (say abc.txt) within
each of those cab files?

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message
Is this possible, please:

Use VBA to automate the search for a specific file within an archive file
(eg cab, zip etc), and then list the full path of that archive?

I have a registered copy of Winzip 9.0 SR-1 and also the
Command Line Support Add-On.

I can see a manual way, but I really need to automate this to check all
archive files on a drive (inc subfolders) if at all possible.

Regards.

Don Guillett[_4_]

Auto Search Archive files

Sorry,
mis-read the question

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Stuart" wrote in message
Is this possible, please:

Use VBA to automate the search for a specific file within an archive

file
(eg cab, zip etc), and then list the full path of that archive?

I have a registered copy of Winzip 9.0 SR-1 and also the
Command Line Support Add-On.

I can see a manual way, but I really need to automate this to check all
archive files on a drive (inc subfolders) if at all possible.

Regards.

Jim Cone

Auto Search Archive files

Stuart,

Well, at least you can learn a little more here...
(just don't ask me any questions) <g

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ml/w9p00a8.asp
Extracting Files from Cabinets
http://support.microsoft.com/default...-us;132913#toc
How to use Extract.exe to copy files from the cabinet files
OFF97: How to Use the CABFILE Viewer Utility

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA