Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default This may seem rudundant...

I've browsed and seen many posts on how to use VBA to write Formulas to
cells and I am sure I'm doing everything correctly, but still I get an
error: "application-defined or object-defined error". I hope someone
can give me some clues. Thanks in advance! -Eric
p.s. I realize this code isn't very efficient right now. I'll fix that
later, but just want to get it working for now.

==============CODE================
'If Row was just inserted, first cell in row will be blank -
'This function writes a formula into the empty cell to continue the
'auto-numbering
Dim curRow As String
Dim curCol As String
Dim cellFormula As String

On Error GoTo Err_Worksheet_Change

Cells(Target.Row, 1).Select

curRow = Str(ActiveCell.Row)
curRow = Trim(curRow)
'curRow = "$" & curRow

curCol = "A"
'curCol = "$" & curCol

cellFormula = "=Offset(" & curCol & curRow & ", -1, 0) + 1)"

If Cells(Target.Row, 1).Value = "" Then
ActiveCell.Formula = cellFormula
End If

Err_Worksheet_Change:
MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description