-   -   Enter a formula in a cell based on value in another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327915-enter-formula-cell-based-value-another-cell.html)

Sandy

Enter a formula in a cell based on value in another cell

I am automating a test summary sheet for general usage.

I have test data that I am counting pass and fails for. I have 1 worksheet
for each test and each test has a different number of test points.

Depending on how many test points I have, I want to enter my "IF" formula
ONLY if there is test data in another cell in that row.

The first row of my formula is at D9

The formula is =IF(AND(B9<max1, B9min1),"pass","Fail")

I want to enter the formula in D9 only if there is data in B9.

I want to be able to replicate this down for 500 rows.

Thanks for your help!

Sandy

Moose[_2_]

Enter a formula in a cell based on value in another cell

I'm not sure what you mean? But if you just want the cell to remain
blank without displaying "Pass or Fail" when cell B9 is empty, you can
write your formula this way:
=IF(B9="","",IF(AND(B9<max1, B9min1),"Pass","Fail"))

I hope it helps.