Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding times but excluding a time range

Is there a function similar to Networkday for time? That would exclude a
time range from calculations?

I need to compute the start and end time of an order. I know how long the
job will take and the initial start time but the availability of the press is
not 24/7 so I have a couple of problems.

Let's say the job goes to press at 6am Monday and is scheduled for 28 hours
of production. If the press ran 24/7 then the end time/date would be Tuesday
at 10am. Unfortunately the press is down from 4pm to 8pm on Monday and so
will not be done until Tuesday at 2pm. I'm generating data for multiple
orders over several days and the press availability time may shift from day
to day. So the end time of a job cannot land during one of the down periods
or take account the downtime periods when figuring the end time of an order.

Any help would be appreciated--even if it's just pointing me in the right
direction.