-   -   find and replace (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327833-find-replace.html)

choice[_2_]

find and replace

i have:
='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497
an
='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497+'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Tables.xls]new'!C1497

how can i do a find replace in order to just get [workbook.xls]worksheet!cell
the thing that always messes me up is the apostrophe after the worksheet name

thanks in advance

Tom Ogilvy

find and replace

How does it mess you up? Show some sample code that causes a problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"choice" wrote in message
i have:
='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497
and

='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497+'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\
T-Mobile\Choice\[Tables.xls]new'!C1497

how can i do a find replace in order to just get

[workbook.xls]worksheet!cell
the thing that always messes me up is the apostrophe after the worksheet

name

thanks in advance

choice[_2_]

find and replace

it will give an error saying function is not correct when it goes to the next
function
well i was just doing a find
"'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!
and replace with [data.xls]tracker!, but some equations have multiple sheets
and workbooks

so i guess my question is, is there a way to do a find and replace that will
work for
'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!
and
'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Tables.xls]new'!C1497
is there like a wildcard function that will allow me to replace everything
inbetween ' and [ and also the value before !

"choice" wrote in message
i have:
='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497
and

='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497+'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\
T-Mobile\Choice\[Tables.xls]new'!C1497

how can i do a find replace in order to just get

[workbook.xls]worksheet!cell
the thing that always messes me up is the apostrophe after the worksheet

name

thanks in advance

Tom Ogilvy

find and replace

No, if you are replacing a substring, I think you need to know what it is.
There may be special cases where you can do that, but I don't think there is
any way you can do

Replace: '*'
With: 'Some String'

Tom Ogilvy

"choice" wrote in message
i have:
='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497
and

='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497+'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\
T-Mobile\Choice\[Tables.xls]new'!C1497

how can i do a find replace in order to just get

[workbook.xls]worksheet!cell
the thing that always messes me up is the apostrophe after the

worksheet
name

thanks in advance

choice[_2_]

find and replace

any suggestions as to what would be the best way to get:

='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497+'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Tables.xls]new'!C1497

to turn into:

=[Data.xls]Tracker!C1497+[Tables.xls]new!C1497