-   -   Cell Contents controlled via a scroll bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327826-cell-contents-controlled-via-scroll-bar.html)

AK

Cell Contents controlled via a scroll bar

Cell contains multiple lines of notes. However do not want to increase the
size of the cell.

Is there a way to add a vertical scroll bar and link it to the cell to show
the contents of the cell? If so, could some one tell me how to go about
doing that?

Thanks in advance
ak

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

Cell Contents controlled via a scroll bar

Nothing in terms of a scroll bar. But how about something like this. When the
user double clicks on the cell a message box pops up showing the full
contents of the cell... That might just do the trick... Here is some code

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Cancel = True
MsgBox Target.Value
End Sub

Right click on the sheet tab that you want to utilize this function. Choose
View Code and paste this into the code window...

HTH