-   -   Prevent recalculation when opening earlier versions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327817-prevent-recalculation-when-opening-earlier-versions.html)

Mats Nilsson

Prevent recalculation when opening earlier versions

Hi,
Is it possible to prevent recalculation when a workbook, saved in an earlier
version, is opened.
In this case the recalculation causes problem with formulas in the model.
Thank in advance for answers.
/Mats

--
ESI Update

Jim Rech

Prevent recalculation when opening earlier versions

You might try creating this dword registry entry:

FullCalcOnLoadOldFile

with a value of 0 under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

You didn't mention your Excel version, which posters always should. This is
for 11 (2003) but will also work for 10 (2002) if you substitute 10 for 11
in the path. I don't know about earlier versions.

--
Jim