-   -   Simple Array Looping (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327648-simple-array-looping.html)

Nikky

Simple Array Looping

I have a macro written to open a .csv file, process, and close it, but I'm
having trouble figuring out how to loop through a list I define that will
give each of the document names to open. I could read in a list from a .txt
or even define the list manually in VB, but I'm not sure how to "tell" the
loop to pick an item in the array, then define that number as a variable
that I can enter in my command to open the document, then (after closing) run
the next item in the array.

The array contents resemble {769290163 6017502167 5621119573 ...}
The document names resemble 769290163.csv

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Simple Array Looping

For i = LBound(myArray) To UBound(myArray)
filename = myarray(i)
'rest of code
Next i

--

HTH

RP

"Nikky" wrote in message
I have a macro written to open a .csv file, process, and close it, but I'm
having trouble figuring out how to loop through a list I define that will
give each of the document names to open. I could read in a list from a

..txt
or even define the list manually in VB, but I'm not sure how to "tell" the
loop to pick an item in the array, then define that number as a variable
that I can enter in my command to open the document, then (after closing)

run
the next item in the array.

The array contents resemble {769290163 6017502167 5621119573 ...}
The document names resemble 769290163.csv

Nikky

Simple Array Looping

Thanks, this was dead on.