-   -   Dynamically create a formula in Sheet B referencing SheetA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327594-dynamically-create-formula-sheet-b-referencing-sheeta.html)

SHIPP

Dynamically create a formula in Sheet B referencing SheetA

I am writing a scheduling program. What I want to do, through VBA, is to
create a formula in Sheet B that references a cell in Sheet A. In essence I
want to put a formula:
=MASTER!B15

in a cell in Sheet B through VBA so that if the value in Sheet A changes,
the value in Sheet B will also change. I cannot simply create the formula in
Sheet B because Sheet A changes dynamically.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
M. Shipp

Don Guillett[_4_]

Dynamically create a formula in Sheet B referencing SheetA

try
sheets("destination").range("b1").value=sheets("so urce").range("b1")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SHIPP" wrote in message
I am writing a scheduling program. What I want to do, through VBA, is to
create a formula in Sheet B that references a cell in Sheet A. In essence

want to put a formula:
=MASTER!B15

in a cell in Sheet B through VBA so that if the value in Sheet A changes,
the value in Sheet B will also change. I cannot simply create the formula

in
Sheet B because Sheet A changes dynamically.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
M. Shipp

SHIPP

Dynamically create a formula in Sheet B referencing SheetA

Those are fixed positions. I need dynamic so that the b1 changes. Some type
of loop I assume. Thanks but it doesn't fit the bill.

"SHIPP" wrote in message
I am writing a scheduling program. What I want to do, through VBA, is to
create a formula in Sheet B that references a cell in Sheet A. In essence

want to put a formula:
=MASTER!B15

in a cell in Sheet B through VBA so that if the value in Sheet A changes,
the value in Sheet B will also change. I cannot simply create the formula

in
Sheet B because Sheet A changes dynamically.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
M. Shipp

Don Guillett[_4_]

Dynamically create a formula in Sheet B referencing SheetA

just name the range and refer to the name instead of the address. If the
range moves the name goes with it.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SHIPP" wrote in message
I am writing a scheduling program. What I want to do, through VBA, is

create a formula in Sheet B that references a cell in Sheet A. In

essence
want to put a formula:
=MASTER!B15

in a cell in Sheet B through VBA so that if the value in Sheet A

changes,
the value in Sheet B will also change. I cannot simply create the

formula
in
Sheet B because Sheet A changes dynamically.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
M. Shipp

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Dynamically create a formula in Sheet B referencing SheetA

For i = 1 To 10
Worksheets("Sheet B").Cells(i,"B").Formula = "=MASTER!B" & i
Next i

--

HTH

RP