-   -   combo box help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327568-combo-box-help.html)

filo666

combo box help

Hi, I put a combo box in one of my exel sheet, I put a code combo box
type(not a form combo box type) because I dont want to put the combobox
entries in a exel sheet, my question is, how to add the entries in the combo
box??? (I mean, how to write the code in VB)
TIA

Rocky McKinley

combo box help

This is one way...add a named range...then assign it to the ComboBox.
To assign a macro to this type of ComboBox display the Control ToolBox
toolbar Enter Design Mode Right Click on the ComboBox and select "View
Code".

Sub SetComboBox()
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="MyRng", RefersToR1C1:="=Sheet2!R2C1:R5C1"
Sheets("Sheet2").ComboBox1.ListFillRange = "MyRng"
End Sub

Hope this helps.
Rocky McKinley