-   -   Column conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327520-column-conversion.html)

Charlie[_9_]

Column conversion

How can I convert a column from alpha to numeric?

i.e. convert BZ to 78

Is there a simple conversion or do I have to write my own?

I have data in cols A and B and BZ-CF.
How would I say :
Columns("B+1:BZ-1").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft

Chip Pearson

Column conversion

You can use a VBA function like

Function ColLetterToNumber(Letter As String) As Integer
ColLetterToNumber = Worksheets(1).Range(Letter & "1").Column
End Function

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Charlie" wrote in message
How can I convert a column from alpha to numeric?

i.e. convert BZ to 78

Is there a simple conversion or do I have to write my own?

I have data in cols A and B and BZ-CF.
How would I say :
Columns("B+1:BZ-1").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft

Charlie[_9_]

Column conversion

Thanks

"Charlie" wrote in message
How can I convert a column from alpha to numeric?

i.e. convert BZ to 78

Is there a simple conversion or do I have to write my own?

I have data in cols A and B and BZ-CF.
How would I say :
Columns("B+1:BZ-1").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft

Bernie Deitrick

Column conversion

Charlie,

No need to convert:

Range(Range("B:B").Offset(0, 1), Range("BZ:BZ").Offset(0, -1)).Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft

Simpler still is to use this, which will delete the columns where cellas in
row 1 are blank:
Range("1:1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Entire Column.Delete

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Charlie" wrote in message
How can I convert a column from alpha to numeric?

i.e. convert BZ to 78

Is there a simple conversion or do I have to write my own?

I have data in cols A and B and BZ-CF.
How would I say :
Columns("B+1:BZ-1").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft