-   -   Comparison or two sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327475-comparison-two-sheets.html)

Chuck[_10_]

Comparison or two sheets

I need to compare a column in one spreadsheet to another column in a second
spreadsheet. They will be numbers. I need the difference to be placed in a
third spreadsheet in the corresponding rows. Would it be better to use
macros in the cells or to create a VBA program? Since this will be done
many times with different sheets, I guess creating template (for the third
sheet) would be best. Any good approaches?

David

Comparison or two sheets

Hi Chuck,
=IF(Sheet2!A1=Sheet1!A1,"",+Sheet1!A1-Sheet2!A1)
Above compares A1 to A1 sheets Sheet1 and Sheet2, puts a ""(Blank) if they
are equal and if not it subtracts one value from the other.
Thanks,