-   -   Getting protected external data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327374-getting-protected-external-data.html)

[email protected]

Getting protected external data

I was hoping to create a macro that can get external data from a url
that requires a username and password. Does anyone out there have any
detailed instructions that can do this?

Thanks,

Patrick

Tom Ogilvy

Getting protected external data

does it support

if not then you may be out of luck. There is no standard for passing this
information in a URL - although some support the above.

At least that is my understanding.

If the site is designed to support automated access, maybe they can advise
you on the best approach.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was hoping to create a macro that can get external data from a url
that requires a username and password. Does anyone out there have any
detailed instructions that can do this?

Thanks,

Patrick

[email protected]

Getting protected external data

That http phrase apparetly doesn't work anymore. there has to be
another method though...??

Patrick

Tom Ogilvy

Getting protected external data

I don't doubt there are ways to do it, and you might be successful getting
an answer here, but I would ask in an ASP newsgroup or something more
related to your problem.

Also, this is not the first time this question has been asked here and I am
sure asked in other forums as well, so I would also do some queries in

http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search?hl=en

or

http://www.google.com

Tom Ogilvy