Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help w/ programming an Exel addin

I've developed a SQL Server Reporting Services Application for use by my
client to track how long it is taking form/documents to be processed by
employees. On of the options of Reporting Services is the capability to
export files to different formats including Excel. The client would like
some formatting done of the spreadsheets upon opening (e.g. removing the
header banner from the Report, formatting cell colors - nothing too
complicated) by staff.

I'm writing an addin to take care of this and it's been a couple of years
since I've worked w/ VBA for Excel so I'm a little rusty. This addin needs
to verify that the workbook that has just been opened is in fact an exported
file from Reporting Services because reformatting other workbooks that would
be opened would be a bad thing. So I'm using the Workbook_Open function to
get the name of the workbook that has just been opened with the
ActiveWorkbook.Name property - the problem is that Excel keeps throwing an
'Object no set' error, so obviously I'm calling the property too soon. My
question is when should I be calling this property if not in the
Workbook_Open function.

TIA,
Bill Youngman