-   -   Sharing a custom function bewteen workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327279-sharing-custom-function-bewteen-workbooks.html)

MMesarch

Sharing a custom function bewteen workbooks

Hi,
I have figured out how to share a macro between workbooks by using the
Personnal workbook. But that does not seem to work for custom created
functions.

I read one newsgroup item where they talked about needing to get the custom
function from and Add-in. But how do you created an Add-in if that is the
way to do it.

My first need to is share the function I created amongs workbooks in my
files. Will I have problems if I share the workbook file with other people
(will they not be able to see the results anymore?) if this is the case I
understand that I will need to keep the function attached to the workbook.

Thanks for the help.
Mark
--
Mark Mesarch
School of Natural Resources

Tom Ogilvy

Sharing a custom function bewteen workbooks

http://www.microsoft.com/officedev/index/apps.htm
Distributing Microsoft Excel 97, Word 97, and PowerPoint 97 Solutions (March
3, 1997)

http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/tips/addins.htm
Protecting the Code in an Add-in

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en.../xlcraddns.asp
Creating Add-ins in Microsoft Excel 97

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167909
XL: Securing Visual Basic Code in Microsoft Excel

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942
XL97: How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97

Tom Ogilvy