-   -   Selecting data from column heading (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327259-selecting-data-column-heading.html)

VBA Novice[_2_]

Selecting data from column heading

I am trying to select column data based on columnn Heading
i.e date.

I think I need to use VBA because I will also need to also
bring over other data such as Name and Address. I
therefore need some code that

Looks for the date in row 3 once it finds the right date
copies any data in the corresponding column over to
another worksheet plus any data in column 1 and 2.

There will be 52 columns relating to the weeks so. And
therefore I will always be pulling off cols 1 and 2 plus
another.

Is there any experts out there that can help.

Many thanks

Don Guillett[_4_]

Selecting data from column heading

One idea to get you started

Sub finddateandcopy()
ans = InputBox("which date")
x = Rows(3).Find(ans).Column
MsgBox x
Range("a3:b21").Copy Sheets("destination").Range("a1")
Range(Cells(3, x), Cells(21, x)).Copy 'etc

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software