-   -   numbers in chinese (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327178-numbers-chinese.html)

Deeps

numbers in chinese

We have an application in Excel where we need to generate random user ids in
chinese. We are able to do it in using numbers like:
RANDBETWEEN(100000,999999)

But we want to do the same using the chinese numbers. But even after
changing the regional setting to chinese and using Chinese IME we cannot
enter the numbers in Chinese but all other characters.

Is there a way to enter Chinese Numbers in Excel sheets?

Thanks

Edwin Tam[_7_]

numbers in chinese

I can tell you that you cannot generate random numbers in Chinese characters
even if you got the Chinese version of Excel.

There are two sets of Chinese Charcters: Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
Simplified Chinese is used in China only. Traditional Chinese is used in Hong
Kong and Taiwan.

In fact, I feel strange that someone would want to generate random ids in
Chinese for Chinese users. Numbers in the normal 1234567890 digits are simply
€śuniversal€ť for everyone on Earth and no Chinese users would prefer reading
numbers in Chinese characters.

Anyway, I cannot post the macro here, because this newsgroup doesnt support
Chinese characters. Ive posted example files onto the web:

http://homepage.mac.com/edwin_tam/chinese.zip

Youll see two files. One for simplified chinese and one for traditional
chinese.

Regards,
Edwin Tam

http://www.vonixx.com