-   -   Finding "last cell" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327023-finding-last-cell.html)

John Spiegel

Finding "last cell"

Hi all,

How does one find the last row, column or cell in a sheet or range? I'm
currently working with automating Excel 2000.

TIA,

John

Sunil Jayakumar

Finding "last cell"

Hi John,

You could try the code below, amending options as necessary

ChDir "<<DirPath"
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:= _
"FilePath", Origin:= _
xlMSDOS, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited,
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote _
, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False,
Comma:=True _
, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2,
1)), _
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

Hope this helps

Warm regards

Sunil Jayakumar

"John Spiegel" wrote in message
Hi all,

How does one find the last row, column or cell in a sheet or range? I'm
currently working with automating Excel 2000.

TIA,

John

www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

Finding "last cell"

sheets("Sheet1").range("A65535").end(xlUp).select

This code selects the last populated cell in column A on sheet 1. There are
a bunch of variations of this code which all do the same thing.

HTH

"John Spiegel" wrote:

Hi all,

How does one find the last row, column or cell in a sheet or range? I'm
currently working with automating Excel 2000.

TIA,

John

John Spiegel

Finding "last cell"

Thanks, both. I think that's what I needed!