-   -   Counting columns using VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326992-counting-columns-using-vba.html)

MArcus

Counting columns using VBA

I want to be able to count the number of days an employees
had taken hols.

I have set up a spreadsheet which indicates this

It is possible using VBA to count 5 columns out of every 7
for the entire year and output the results to another
spreadsheet. I will always start on the 1st monday and
will be dealing with around 250 employees (rows)

Thanking you in advance
Marcus

Tom Ogilvy

Counting columns using VBA

fiveoutof7 = Int(256/7)*5

Perhaps you can say what you are trying to count (what indicates something
should be counted) - how it is determined if a column is counted or the
extent of the columns to count.

Without that, the best suggestion is to explore use of the CountIf
worksheet function and skip a macro.

=countif(B2:IV251,"hol")

Tom Ogilvy