-   -   I want to use hourly update from SQL query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326823-i-want-use-hourly-update-sql-query.html)

Jim Ferguson

I want to use hourly update from SQL query

I want to get hourly usage from a database this is to help check efficiency
of machinery. At present I have a speadsheet that returns amount of units
left to produce and other usefull information but would like to be able to
get an hourly units produced per machine. This will help target slower
running machines.
At present I use a SQL query to pull information in real time from database.
Can I use another SQL sdtaement or is there a formulae that will only pull
the information within specific time frame. ie form 06:00 to 07:00 first
hour then from 07:00 to 08:00 etc. all I wish back from this data is units
produced per machine per hour.

Tom Ogilvy

I want to use hourly update from SQL query

If time is one of the fields in each record, you should be able to restrict
your query to that.

If you are getting cumulative numbers, then saving the last set and
comparing to the next set should give you the difference. If you get the
information every hour, then you should be able to manipulate that different
to get the numbers you want.

Tom Ogilvy