-   -   How to I use nested quotation marks for 'SUMIF' function in Excel. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326783-how-i-use-nested-quotation-marks-sumif-function-excel.html)

glenn

How to I use nested quotation marks for 'SUMIF' function in Excel.

I'm writing a macro, creating a formula for an active cell using "SUMIF". I
need to use cell references that I can control via variables (aka 'cells'
with rownum and colnum notations, or named cell ranges derived from same).
Syntactically VBasic doesn't understand nested quotation marks for named cell
ranges. Additionally using 'Range(Cells..' gives compile errors. Is it
possible to accomplish this? Sample code?? Most grateful for help!!

Ken Hudson

How to I use nested quotation marks for 'SUMIF' function in Excel.

Hi Glenn,
Not sure if this will help, but here sample code that I used to insert a
formula.

Cells(RowCount, 4) = "=sum(D" & RowAnchor & ":D" & RowCount - 1 & ")"

RowCount and RowAnchor are variables I used.

"Glenn" wrote:

I'm writing a macro, creating a formula for an active cell using "SUMIF". I
need to use cell references that I can control via variables (aka 'cells'
with rownum and colnum notations, or named cell ranges derived from same).
Syntactically VBasic doesn't understand nested quotation marks for named cell
ranges. Additionally using 'Range(Cells..' gives compile errors. Is it
possible to accomplish this? Sample code?? Most grateful for help!!

macropod[_6_]

How to I use nested quotation marks for 'SUMIF' function in Excel.

Hi Glen,

You can insert them via Chr(34). For example:
Cell.Formula = "SUMIF(A1:A10" & Chr(34) & "0" & Chr(34) & ")"

Cheers

"Glenn" wrote in message
I'm writing a macro, creating a formula for an active cell using "SUMIF".

need to use cell references that I can control via variables (aka 'cells'
with rownum and colnum notations, or named cell ranges derived from same).
Syntactically VBasic doesn't understand nested quotation marks for named

cell
ranges. Additionally using 'Range(Cells..' gives compile errors. Is it
possible to accomplish this? Sample code?? Most grateful for help!!

[email protected]

How to I use nested quotation marks for 'SUMIF' function in Excel.

http://tutorialway.com/use-sumif-function-in-excel/
check this site