-   -   Conditional Formatting of Rows Based On More Than 4 Conditions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326773-conditional-formatting-rows-based-more-than-4-conditions.html)

TRenick

Conditional Formatting of Rows Based On More Than 4 Conditions

I am trying to work around the 4 condition limit in Xcel's conditional
formatting so that I can change the background color of each row in my
spreadsheet based on the text that is in the cell in the 3rd column of each
row. That cell will contain one of six alternatives such as "On Hold",
"Completed", etc. I assume that I will have to write some sort of macro to
format the rows. I'm less than a novice at writing macros using VBA, so
please keep it simple.

Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Conditional Formatting of Rows Based On More Than 4 Conditions

See this Add-in
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"TRenick" wrote in message ...
I am trying to work around the 4 condition limit in Xcel's conditional
formatting so that I can change the background color of each row in my
spreadsheet based on the text that is in the cell in the 3rd column of each
row. That cell will contain one of six alternatives such as "On Hold",
"Completed", etc. I assume that I will have to write some sort of macro to
format the rows. I'm less than a novice at writing macros using VBA, so
please keep it simple.

Thanks

TRenick

Conditional Formatting of Rows Based On More Than 4 Conditions

Ron,

Thanks for the help; I got the add-in downloaded and installed and it seems
to do what I want. Do you know if there is a way to write the conditional
formatting equation so that when I copy the formatting the row number is
copied relatively. Adding $ signs doesn't seem to have the same effect as in
Excel.

Tom

"TRenick" wrote in message ...
I am trying to work around the 4 condition limit in Xcel's conditional
formatting so that I can change the background color of each row in my
spreadsheet based on the text that is in the cell in the 3rd column of each
row. That cell will contain one of six alternatives such as "On Hold",
"Completed", etc. I assume that I will have to write some sort of macro to
format the rows. I'm less than a novice at writing macros using VBA, so
please keep it simple.

Thanks

TRenick

Conditional Formatting of Rows Based On More Than 4 Conditions

I think I figured the copying part out. Formatting the first row, then
selecting the range I want to copy the formatting to (including the first
row), and using the copy and paste functions of the add-in while the range is
still selected seems to work.

Tom