-   -   Zip & Email - VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326745-zip-email-vba.html)

JohnUk

Zip & Email - VBA

Hi, I need to zip a file that I am working on, then email
automatically. I can do the emailing bit, but can't do
the zip
The OS is XP professional, with Office 2003
PS I know it can be done under WinZip, but I need the
code for the OS default Zip
Many thanks in advance
John

[email protected]

Zip & Email - VBA

hi,

I have been looking for the way to use the XP default zip also, but with no
success.
I found two other alternatives though:

-1- have VBA called microsoft's "compress.exe" program (free) to do
compression.
-2- automate the whole process by writing a code behind for the office file
using "Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Office"; the code behind can call
"SharpZipLib" (free) to do compression.

hope this helps,

"JohnUK" wrote:

Hi, I need to zip a file that I am working on, then email
automatically. I can do the emailing bit, but can't do
the zip
The OS is XP professional, with Office 2003
PS I know it can be done under WinZip, but I need the
code for the OS default Zip
Many thanks in advance
John

Ron de Bruin