-   -   Parsing XML data into worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326734-parsing-xml-data-into-worksheets.html)

chelo

Parsing XML data into worksheets

Hi,
I work with XML files that have over 300 elements XL cannot placed them all
in columns, I think only about 255 columns are allowed. I am only interested
in part of the data in these XML files.

Q: How can I import sections of the XML into a worksheet?

Thanks.

OJ[_2_]

Parsing XML data into worksheets

Well....you can set a reference in code to the MSXML dll and use the
DOM (Document Object Model) to parse the XML into the sheet...don't
think it is especially easy tho'.......

hth,
OJ

TroyW[_2_]

Parsing XML data into worksheets

There is a control called "Microsoft Office Spreadsheet" in the toolbox. It
has a benefit that it can hold more columns (e.g. version9=702,
version10=18278, version11=18278) and more rows than the native MS Excel
spreadsheet. Potentially you could use this control as a container to hold
all of your data. Just a thought...

Troy