Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Row insert fails to update Sum formula

I am using Office 2003.

A new row is inserted in a sheet programmatically. When this is done the sum
formulas (that have also been entered programmatically) do not update to
include the row inserted, unless a value is entered on the newly inserted
row.

NOTE: This only occurs when the row inserted causes the row containing the
sum formulas to shift down. For example, row 14 contains sum formulas. My
code inserts a row on row 14. The sum formula, shifted to row 15, now
excludes row 14.

If a value is entered into row 14, then the sum formula in that column
sometimes updates to include row 14, but sometimes it doesn't update (don't
know why).

The sheet has split windows on and some cells are locked, but my function
unprotects the sheet while inserting the row.

How can I correct this behaviour programmatically so that the formulas will
include all rows to begin with [e.g. =SUM(A4:A18)] ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I hope my description is
understandable...