-   -   Paste Small Range into Big Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326704-paste-small-range-into-big-range.html)

Tim

Paste Small Range into Big Range

Howdy,

I have tow ranges, smallRange and bigRange. Both are dynamically named, 1
column wide and smallRange is always <= bigRange. I want to copy the
smallRange and paste it into bigRange, but when I do, the smallRange values
repeat until the bigRange is full.

For example if smallRange is numbered 1-10 and bigRange was 100 rows high,
the result of:
smallRange.copy Destination:=bigRange
gives 1-10, 10 times. IOW, the bigRange is filled with several iterations
of smallRange.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Regards,
Tim

RB Smissaert

Paste Small Range into Big Range

Maybe you want this:

Range("smallRange").Copy Range("bigRange").Cells(1)

RBS

"tim" wrote in message
Howdy,

I have tow ranges, smallRange and bigRange. Both are dynamically named, 1
column wide and smallRange is always <= bigRange. I want to copy the
smallRange and paste it into bigRange, but when I do, the smallRange
values
repeat until the bigRange is full.

For example if smallRange is numbered 1-10 and bigRange was 100 rows high,
the result of:
smallRange.copy Destination:=bigRange
gives 1-10, 10 times. IOW, the bigRange is filled with several iterations
of smallRange.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Regards,
Tim

Tim

Paste Small Range into Big Range

RB,

Thanks for the tip, appears to do the trick.

Must have been too late, or early, depneding on your perspective...

Regards,
Tim