-   -   Search for bad email addresses (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326661-search-bad-email-addresses.html)

Kevin

Search for bad email addresses

I have a bunch of emails in column A. I need to identify all emails in
column A that do not have an @ symbol or do not have ".com" ".net" ".edu" etc.

How do I have column B list the bad email addresses and column C be the
emails from column A minus the bad ones?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Jason Morin

Search for bad email addresses

There are a LOT of domain name extensions, esp. when you
consider all of the country extentions in the world. You
might be OK with:

=COUNTIF(A1,"*@*.*")0

Fill the formula down the col., then apply an AutoFilter
and filter for TRUE.

Or, if you really want to look for specific domain name
extensions, give this a try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*@*."&
{"com","org","edu","biz","gov","us","net","info"}, A1))))0

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA, USA

.