-   -   Printing Multiple Sheets -- Printer Forcing Landscape/Portrait (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326630-printing-multiple-sheets-printer-forcing-landscape-portrait.html)

Jakeman

Printing Multiple Sheets -- Printer Forcing Landscape/Portrait

I'm using Excel 2002 in Windows XP.

I have a large Excel application where users choose to print one or
more sheets. They do this by using the Ctrl key and the mouse to
highlight multiple tabs and then hitting the Print button.

Each worksheet has a defined print area and is set up to fit 1 by X
pages (most are 1 by 1). Each worksheet also has either landscape or
portrait set in the Page Setup, depending on the page layout.

If I choose to print a single sheet that is 1 by 1/Landscape, it prints
fine. If I select this same sheet along with another that is 1 by
3/Portrait. The Landscape sheet will print in Portrait. Sometimes the
Portrait sheet prints in Landscape. I haven't been able to narrow down
why sometimes Portrait wins and sometimes Landscape wins--it doesn't
seem to be affected by which sheet is active.

This only happens on a particular printer: HP LaserJet 8000 Series PCL
6. I'm going to contact our IT department to see if the driver is
updated for that printer.

If anyone has any other ideas what is at issue, I'd appreciate hearing
them.

Thanks,
Jake