-   -   find item in list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326614-find-item-list.html)

XL Dunce

find item in list

I would like to be able to find an item in a certain list of numbers that
matches the criteria in one cell, then apply the number in the cell to the
right of the number in the list to a different cell. Confused? So am
I...I'll try to give clarification if needed.
TIA, Erik

Tom Ogilvy

find item in list

I would like to be able to find an item in a certain list of numbers[listrange] that
matches the criteria in one cell [equals value in F3/valuerange], then

apply the number in the cell to the
right of the number [TargetRange.offset(0,1)] in the list to a different

cell.[M21]

set listrange = Range(cells(1,1),cells(1,1).End(xldown))
set valuerange = Range("F3")
res = Application.Match(valuerange.Value,listrange,0)
if not iserror(res) then
set targetRange = listrange(res)
Range("M21").Vavlue = TargetRange.offset(0,1) * Range("M21"))
End if

Might be a start.

Tom Ogilvy

news:1112367157.03ebbb270c16095daa545e92423372fb@t eranews...