-   -   Excel Cursor (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326605-excel-cursor.html)

Nigel

Excel Cursor

Hi All
This appears so simple but...... how do you turn off the Excel cell cursor
or at the very least hide it?

--
Cheers
Nigel

Tom Ogilvy

Excel Cursor

select a cell off screen

set the enableselection property to xlNoSelection and protect the sheet

select something besides a cell.

the real answer is there is no setting that does this.

After that, you can use something like one of the above workarounds. Guess
it depends on what you are trying to do.

Tom Ogilvy

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi All
This appears so simple but...... how do you turn off the Excel cell

cursor
or at the very least hide it?

--
Cheers
Nigel

Nigel

Excel Cursor

Hi Tom
You have confirmed what I thought, I have a dictate application driven
entirely by userforms. However I require that the spreadsheet cells are
still visible behind the forms (its xl97 so the forms are modal). At
present I hide the cursor behind the form, but of course moving the form
reveals the cells. I will have to move it off screen as a workaround.
Thanks

--
Cheers
Nigel