-   -   text align code XL2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326524-text-align-code-xl2000.html)

Jess

text align code XL2000

When creating a form for Excel 2000, I realized that I need the actual vba
code for right-aligning text in a text box. I know how to do this using the
properties of the textbox, but for the sake of fault tolerance (users
deleting textbox by accident) and because it is wrapped in a macro, I need
code to do this.

This is what I currently have:

ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHo rizontal, 281, 23.75, _
260, 25).Select
Selection.?????????

Any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!

Shailesh Shah[_2_]

text align code XL2000

Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlRight

Regards,
Shah Shailesh
http://members.lycos.co.uk/shahweb/

kassie

text align code XL2000

Replace ???????? with .HorizontalAlignment = xlRight

My code actually looks as follows:
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlRight
.VerticalAlignment = xlTop
.ReadingOrder = xlContext
.Orientation = xlHorizontal
.AutoSize = False
End With

"Jess" wrote:

When creating a form for Excel 2000, I realized that I need the actual vba
code for right-aligning text in a text box. I know how to do this using the
properties of the textbox, but for the sake of fault tolerance (users
deleting textbox by accident) and because it is wrapped in a macro, I need
code to do this.

This is what I currently have:

ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHo rizontal, 281, 23.75, _
260, 25).Select
Selection.?????????

Any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!

TroyW[_2_]

text align code XL2000

Jess, give this code a try. It will add a text box like shape to the active
sheet, insert some text, and right-align the text.

Troy

Sub AddTextBoxShape()
Dim shp As Excel.Shape

Set shp = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextBox( _
msoTextOrientationHorizontal, _
281, 23.75, 260, 25)

With shp.TextFrame
.Characters.Text = "Hello, I'm right aligned"
.HorizontalAlignment = xlHAlignRight
End With

Set shp = Nothing
End Sub