-   -   Type mis-match error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326483-type-mis-match-error.html)

Marcotte A

Type mis-match error

I have a macro that basically copies data from one worksheet to another
(within the same workbook). Below are two lines of code. The first
executes, but the second gives me a Run Time Error 13 - Type mismatch. I've
formatted all relevant cells the same, and all my variables are singles.

ReportSht.Cells(CurrRow, 4) = (MasterSht.Cells(i, 8) + _
MasterSht.Cells(i, 9)) * ReportSht.Cells(5, 3)

ReportSht.Cells(CurrRow, 6) = (MasterSht.Cells(i, 10) + _
MasterSht.Cells(i, 11)) * ReportSht.Cells(5, 3)

Tushar Mehta

Type mis-match error

In article ,
says...
I have a macro that basically copies data from one worksheet to another
(within the same workbook). Below are two lines of code. The first
executes, but the second gives me a Run Time Error 13 - Type mismatch. I've
formatted all relevant cells the same, and all my variables are singles.

ReportSht.Cells(CurrRow, 4) = (MasterSht.Cells(i, 8) + _
MasterSht.Cells(i, 9)) * ReportSht.Cells(5, 3)

ReportSht.Cells(CurrRow, 6) = (MasterSht.Cells(i, 10) + _
MasterSht.Cells(i, 11)) * ReportSht.Cells(5, 3)

You have non-numeric data in MasterSht.Cells(i, 10) or ..., 11) Even
if it only numbers in the cell, XL may be treating the cell as text.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

Dave Peterson[_5_]

Type mis-match error

Actually, all your values are Doubles -- since you're picking them up from the
worksheet directly.

I think I'd check each cell's value to see if it's numeric.

My bet is that you have a non-numeric value in one of those cells.

--

Dave Peterson