-   -   I need a formula I can't find in help. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326225-i-need-formula-i-cant-find-help.html)

MVP Contracting

I need a formula I can't find in help.

I am trying to transfer a sum of 3 data values from a closed spreadsheet
(2005 Expenses), from a specific worksheet within that spreadsheet (MVP
Expenses) to another opened worksheet (Overhead) within a different
spreadsheet (Payroll Expenses). Is this possible?

I can't find a formula for this anywhere.

Please let me know,

Thanks, MV )

Bob Phillips[_6_]

I need a formula I can't find in help.

in the open workbook add

=SUM('C:\MyDir\[2005 Expenses.xls]MVP Expenses'!A3:A5)

--

HTH

RP

"MVP Contracting" <MVP wrote in
message ...
I am trying to transfer a sum of 3 data values from a closed spreadsheet
(2005 Expenses), from a specific worksheet within that spreadsheet (MVP
Expenses) to another opened worksheet (Overhead) within a different
spreadsheet (Payroll Expenses). Is this possible?

I can't find a formula for this anywhere.

Please let me know,

Thanks, MV )

MVP Contracting

I need a formula I can't find in help.