-   -   Range Values into userform (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/326095-range-values-into-userform.html)

Stuart[_21_]

Range Values into userform

I wish to allow a user to navigate to their chosen workbook and then pull
values from specific ranges on a sheet in that workbook, to populate
textboxes in a Userform.

Do I have to open the workbook, please?

Regards.

Tom Ogilvy

Range Values into userform

That would be the only way for a user to navigate.

Tom Ogilvy

"Stuart" wrote in message
I wish to allow a user to navigate to their chosen workbook and then pull
values from specific ranges on a sheet in that workbook, to populate
textboxes in a Userform.

Do I have to open the workbook, please?

Regards.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Range Values into userform

I don't think so if I understand what you want, as you can use the
GetOpenFilename method and then use various techniques to access data in
that workbook. But some of those techniques are quite complex (ADO, Harlan
Grove's pull routine, Laurent Longre's beta INDIRECTR facility, or even
implicit worksheet functions), so it would seem simpler top me to just open
it and get the data.

--

HTH

RP

"Stuart" wrote in message
I wish to allow a user to navigate to their chosen workbook and then pull
values from specific ranges on a sheet in that workbook, to populate
textboxes in a Userform.

Do I have to open the workbook, please?

Regards.

Stuart[_21_]

Range Values into userform

Many thanks to you both.

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message
I wish to allow a user to navigate to their chosen workbook and then pull
values from specific ranges on a sheet in that workbook, to populate
textboxes in a Userform.

Do I have to open the workbook, please?

Regards.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Range Values into userform

I meant I do think so ... even know the other way may be easier, it is
possible.

--

HTH

RP

"Stuart" wrote in message
I wish to allow a user to navigate to their chosen workbook and then

pull
values from specific ranges on a sheet in that workbook, to populate
textboxes in a Userform.

Do I have to open the workbook, please?

Regards.

Stuart[_21_]

Range Values into userform

I ended up opening the book as suggested.

Regards.