Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Consolidate data from several worksheets via pivot table

I'm not sure this is possible, but no harm in asking :o)

I have several workbooks in one folder that I need to consolidate via a
pivot table in a separate workbook. The workbooks all contains one sheet for
typing in data, one sheet with result-data and all are created on the same
template.

My questions a

1. If I add a new workbook in the folder, how do I update the pivot table?
2. Is it possible (maybe via a macro) to create the pivot table so that it
gets data from all the workbooks in a fixed folder and so that if a workbook
is added, it automatically updates?

Alternative I may need to implement all the type-in sheets in one workbook
for consolidating.

3. If I implement all the type-in sheets in one workbook for consolidating,
is it possible automatically updates the pivot table (or. functions) in the
same workbook?

Hope someone out there have some answers or suggestions :o)