-   -   Pivot Table Dynamically Creating on Query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/325720-pivot-table-dynamically-creating-query.html)

Brent[_7_]

Pivot Table Dynamically Creating on Query

Is there a command or Vb code to auto create an Excel Pivot Table based on a
query in a database? The database I'm using is not always run in the same
location because of the project it's associated with so I was hoping to be
able to have VBA facilitate the creation of this. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Brent

Lee Hunter

Pivot Table Dynamically Creating on Query

Brent,

record a macro.
DATA - PIVOT TABLE AND PIVOT CHART REPORT
Choose EXTERNAL DATA SOURCE

you're off and running.

Lee

"Brent" wrote:

Is there a command or Vb code to auto create an Excel Pivot Table based on a
query in a database? The database I'm using is not always run in the same
location because of the project it's associated with so I was hoping to be
able to have VBA facilitate the creation of this. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Brent

Brent[_7_]

Pivot Table Dynamically Creating on Query

Thanks works great