-   -   How to set ActiveCell to a new column? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/325606-how-set-activecell-new-column.html)

Carl[_7_]

How to set ActiveCell to a new column?

I want to set the activecell to the same row it currently is and set
the column to "B". The activecell can be in any column. I looked
into using "offset", but it would take a bit more (calcing if a
negative or positive offset) than I would suspect. Is there something
like "Set Activecell.Column = "B""?

How do the pros do it?

Carl

OJ[_2_]

How to set ActiveCell to a new column?

Hi,
try this....

Range("B"&Activecell.Row).Select

Hth
OJ

Tom Ogilvy

How to set ActiveCell to a new column?

cells(activeCell.row,2).Select

Tom Ogilvy

"Carl" wrote in message

I want to set the activecell to the same row it currently is and set
the column to "B". The activecell can be in any column. I looked
into using "offset", but it would take a bit more (calcing if a
negative or positive offset) than I would suspect. Is there something
like "Set Activecell.Column = "B""?

How do the pros do it?

Carl

Carl[_7_]

How to set ActiveCell to a new column?

Thanks. Works as desired.

Carl

On 17 Mar 2005 01:12:21 -0800, "OJ" wrote:

Hi,
try this....

Range("B"&Activecell.Row).Select

Hth
OJ

Carl[_7_]

How to set ActiveCell to a new column?

Thanks. Works as desired. I can see from previous poster there are
several ways to code a line (AKA - skin a cat).

Carl

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:07:48 -0500, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

cells(activeCell.row,2).Select

Tom Ogilvy

How to set ActiveCell to a new column?

some approaches are more robust than others. for example, cells can take a
number variable in both arguments

i = cells(activecell.Row,256).End(xltoLeft) + 1
cells(activecell.Row, i) = "Something"

would put something in the next available column of the row of the
activeCell

as an example.

Tom Ogilvy