-   -   What happened to "favorites"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/325559-what-happened-favorites.html)

quartz[_2_]

What happened to "favorites"?

I was recently upgraded to Office 2003 (with Windows XP) and I noticed that
the "Favorites" button that used to appear on the [File] [Open] dialog box in
Excel (and Word) is no longer there.

Is there a way to restore this button (if so, how?) or is it phased out
altogether in 2003?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave Peterson[_5_]

What happened to "favorites"?

Maybe you can just add it back.

File|Open, then traverse to your Favorites folder
(Mine is: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Favorites)

Actually, stay one level higher, so you can click on Favorites.

Then Tools|Add to "my places"

--

Dave Peterson

quartz[_2_]

What happened to "favorites"?

Great! Thanks!

quartz wrote:

I was recently upgraded to Office 2003 (with Windows XP) and I noticed that
the "Favorites" button that used to appear on the [File] [Open] dialog box in
Excel (and Word) is no longer there.

Is there a way to restore this button (if so, how?) or is it phased out
altogether in 2003?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--

Dave Peterson

Dorci

What happened to "favorites"?

Dave,
I'd like to do the same thing. However, I don't have "Add to My Places"
under Tools in Windows Explorer. I only have "Map Network Drive",
"Disconnect Network Drive", "Synchronize", and "Folder Options". Am I in the
wrong place?

quartz wrote:

I was recently upgraded to Office 2003 (with Windows XP) and I noticed that
the "Favorites" button that used to appear on the [File] [Open] dialog box in
Excel (and Word) is no longer there.

Is there a way to restore this button (if so, how?) or is it phased out
altogether in 2003?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

What happened to "favorites"?

Open excel and do File|Open. Then look under tools.

My Places was added in xl2002.

If you're using xl2k, MS has a COM addin that's called Places.exe
that allows you to update the places list.

INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download (Q253338)

quartz wrote:

I was recently upgraded to Office 2003 (with Windows XP) and I noticed that
the "Favorites" button that used to appear on the [File] [Open] dialog box in
Excel (and Word) is no longer there.

Is there a way to restore this button (if so, how?) or is it phased out
altogether in 2003?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--

Dave Peterson