-   -   macro associated with shape object, useful approach if can be solv (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/325547-macro-associated-shape-object-useful-approach-if-can-solv.html)

pshen

macro associated with shape object, useful approach if can be solv

I have a several shape objects in a spreadsheets and want to assign macro to
the shape click event. My question is, instead of assigning each shape to a
specific macro, if I can assign all shapes to the same macro. Then, inside
the macro, based on which shape calls (by name or somthing else), do
different things. But I have a hard time to find which shape calls, by using
something like ActiveShape (my imagination). The shape seems not in selected
mode when clicked. The shapes are dynamically generated and I am using Excel
XP.
Thanks for your help.

Tim Williams

macro associated with shape object, useful approach if can be solv

sub ShapeClick()
msgbox application.caller
end sub

--